I’m Polly from Thriving Home. I’m excited to share with you an idea that is not only cheap and easy to make but will bless others in your life.
Know any new moms or mommies-to-be? Here is a cheap and easy gift idea to bring them in those first (very tough) first weeks.
For a lot of reasons, I’ve found that this granola recipe is a great gift to give to a new mom:
- It’s a great snack to have the hospital
- Whole grain oats are a great source of essential vitamins such as thiamin, folic acid, biotin and minerals such as zinc, selenium, copper, iron, manganese and magnesium.
- It’s filling!
- Granola is easy to snack on while nursing
- Oats also help keep you regular (often a problem for new mommies!)
- It’s easy to make AND easy to package up to give away.
- It’s versatile. You can eat it alone as a snack, add it to cereal, make a yogurt parfait, etc.
She’ll appreciate it whether she is still in the hospital or at home. In the past week, I’ve given it to two new mommies and have been told by one, “Your granola made my morning!” and the other mom’s husband told me he’s “Been dominating the granola.”
This recipe is easy to make a double batch so you can give some away and keep some for yourself!
Here’s the Homemade Granola recipe!
3 cups of oats (old fashioned- not quick oats)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
pinch of salt
1/2 cup PURE maple syrup
1/3 cup oil (preferably canola)
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour and salt.
In a separate bowl, combine syrup, oil and vanilla
Pour mixture over oats and stir until well coated.
Spread oats out on greased baking sheet.
Bake 25 minutes then give your granola a stir. (add raisins or other ingredients at this point)
Bake another 25 minutes
Store in air tight container in refrigerator.
Friends don't let friends pay full price- share the savings!
-Moola Saving Mom
This post contains affiliate links.View my disclosure here..