This is a fun project for children to do. It is quick and you can use things you find around your house.
- Piece of wood
- Paint pen
- Paint the piece of wood lightly and let it dry
- Sand some of the paint off to make it look weathered
- Glue or nail a branch on to the wood
- Glue some flat stones onto the wood near the branch
- Use a paint pen to make the beak sand legs.
Children could be creative and make some insects or other creatures rather than birds. Maybe even find something to glue on to be feathers or legs.