Sometimes it’s hard to look at what is on sale at the store and pull meals together using sale items.
Here’s an easy Deals to Dinner Idea using sales at Harris Teeter this week! (We had gone to the Farmer’s Market this weekend and grabbed local lettuce and blueberries along with peaches, strawberries and cucumbers – but I had the cheese, dried cranberries and ice cream cones in my stockpile!)
This is a super easy salad to pull together. You can make this from scratch making thin crispy waffles and homemade chicken tenders or you can just assemble grocery store items like I did. I used my air fryer to crisp the Perdue Chicken Strips since I was cooking the kids some for lunch I made extra for the salad! I used ice cream waffle cones since I had some on hand
Sometimes I feel like recipes are just assembly instructions but here it goes!
- 4 Chicken Tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Waffle Cones, broken into large pieces
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- Shredded Cheese of choice, for topping
- Lettuce Mix
- Cook Tenders according to directions
- Place lettuce in bowl.
- Top with chicken pieces, blueberries, dried cranberries, cheese and serve with waffle pieces.
- Top with dressing of choice.
– $1.00/1 Perdue or Perdue Simply Smart Fully Cooked Chicken – 5-14-17 RP; DND (exp. 06/30/17)
Final Price: $2.49