I love good french toast. I love cooking with cream cheese so it just seemed natural to combine the two into Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Rolls! These are great to make if you have bread that isn’t as fresh as it should be.
First- cut off all the crusts of the breads. Put them in a freezer bag to make croutons or dressing with later.
Use a rolling pin to flatten the slice.
Smear with cream cheese mixture and roll tightly. Then dredge in egg and fry in melted butter in a saute pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp creamer, flavor of choice
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Cut the crust off the bread and roll out with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and ¼ cup sugar until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over each slice of bread and roll tightly.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Beat egg and creamer (or substitute milk) in a shallow dish.
- Dredge roll in egg mixture and place in fry pan. Turning as each side browns.
- Remove from pan and top with powdered sugar.
- *You can sprinkle with a sugar and cinnamon mixture instead if desired or add fruit inside with the cream cheese.