I love my Dollar Tree. I love being able to grab something and know it’s only $1. I REALLY loved it when they started accepting coupons. I’ve gotten several good deals there and my store is generally very friendly.
When their policy first came out it limited internet printed coupons to “2 per transaction” which I gave them the benefit of the doubt “They are new at this…let them learn that they DO get reimbursed and they will update it later”…well they did update it & some was good and some was bad. They are now accepting B1G1 free coupons but they limited the internet coupon even more.
Almost every grocery and drug store limits the number of “like” coupons but I have never seen one limit a number of internet coupons like they have. If it was 2 “like’ internet printed coupons that would be cool- because generally we only get 2 prints per computer anyway but how does it make a difference if I use a internet coupon for Cepacol and then a different one for Hefty bags?
What do you think? To me it seems like a trade off- we can use B1G1 now but only 2 internet coupons per day/household.
Here is the new policy (available here) I highlighted the major changes in red.
COUPON ACCEPTANCE POLICY
- We accept Manufacturer Coupons only, no retailer specific coupons; example Target, Wal-Mart, etc.
- We do not accept photocopies of coupons. Coupons must be intact, not altered or modified in any way.
- Coupons can only be used in stores, must be presented at time of purchase and cannot be redeemed for cash at a later time.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, etc.) and be presented prior to the expiration date printed on the coupon.
- We accept only 1 Manufacturer Coupon per single item purchased.
- We accept coupons for over a dollar on a single item. The coupon value will be reduced to the purchase price of the item.
- We cannot give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase price of the item.
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free (for example, Buy One Get One Free offers).
- Any applicable sales tax must be paid by consumer.
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse or limit the use of any coupon.
- This policy is subject to all local, state and federal laws and regulations where applicable.
- These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Dollar Tree (Manufacturer and Internet Coupons).
- We accept up to two (2) Internet Coupons per household per day.
- Internet Coupons must be a “Manufacturer Coupon”, have a valid expiration date and a valid remit address for the manufacturer.
- We do not accept Internet Coupons for “Free” items with no purchase requirements.
- Duplicated (photocopies) Internet Coupons will not be accepted. Each Internet Coupon must have a different serial number.
Thanks DollarStoreDeals for the heads up the updated policy.