I shopped at Harris Teeter today and bought the Hamburger Helpers so I could donate them and get my $2 off meat catalina. It did not print. It has been a bad week for me and catalinas. On Wednesday- the catalina machine jammed and ate my catalina. Harris Teeter made it right by giving me a $2 off any purchase raincheck. It printed for me yesterday and then today- nada.
So I wanted to talk about catalinas and what to do if you don’t get yours.
BEFORE you purchase your catalina deal:
1. Check Couponnetwork.com and print out the catalina offer.
2. Make sure you meet each and every requirement of the offer (double check dates and stores!)
3. If you see a catalina deal posted online, either by MSM or someone else or anywhere online- be aware- you only have the details put out by that person- NOT the catalina deal. We can’t hold them liable for deals posted by others. So try to get to the source of the deal. If I post it I will either (a) link to the couponnetwork.com directly or (b) list it as a “reported” deal where trying it may or may not work.
4. Once at the register- check your catalina machine before checking out. Is the light green- you should be good to go.
5. Wait a few seconds after checking out and ask the cashier- did the catalina print? Sometimes the machines are slow.
Ok, so you checked all that and it still did not give you your promised catalina. Here are some things you can do:
1. Try to deal with it in the store. My Harris Teeter usually offers me cash back for the catalina, or as in the case the other day, they offered me a raincheck for the value of the catalina. Ask nicely what can be done about the situation. It is very helpful if you have the printout from couponnetwork.com to prove the deal. The stores do not handle these promotions so they may be unaware of them.
2.If the store won’t make good on the catalina deal, you have the option to simply return the items. You may lose any coupons that you used on the items though.
3. You can contact the Catalina company directly. I did this today and they said it will take 6-7 weeks to send me my coupon! WOW. You can reach the Catalina company at 1-888-8COUPON or via email at email@example.com. Have your receipt and they will need your shopping card # as well. You can also complete the form HERE, which is their preferred method of contact.
Do you have any tips of ensuring your catalina will print?