I am in LOVE with my InstaPot pressure cooker. L.O.V.E. best appliance in my kitchen. This is the easiest recipe too to make a delicious Italian flavored shredded chicken. I pour it over rice and serve with sautéed onions and peppers but you could do so many things with it. You could add mushrooms if you wanted as well! This went from the freezer to the table in under 40 minutes- that includes the time it took to open the freezer!
It would be delicious with corn and black beans as a taco filling too- in fact that is what we are doing with the leftovers tomorrow!
- 3 Chicken Breasts, about 1 lb, frozen cut into large chunks
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 onion, minced (optional)
- 1 green pepper, minced (optional)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Put everything in the pressure cooker.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred, placing in a serving dish.
- Pour generous amount of sauce over the chicken.
- *If the chicken isn't completely cooked when removing place back in the pressure cooker on high pressure another 4-5 minutes.