Remember that awesome Coupon Doubler App I shared a while ago? The company that created it has come out with a new one…so far I am really liking it.
It’s the Coupon Binder !
I’ve only had it on my phone a few hours but I think it’s going to be a great asset for those who use a coupon binder and I couldn’t hold back from sharing it with you!
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. Requires iOS 6.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Here is how it works:
(1) Download the app. You get a free 7-day trial. After that it is 99¢/mo or $4.99/year (or you can get 5 years for $9.99). Because it requires extensive resources on the part of the company (server and database maintenance) it can’t be 100% free. I personally decided to go with the year subscription. I think it will save me lots of time flipping through pages of my binder to see if I have a certain coupon.
(2) You can add coupons to your “binder” through several methods:
- You can add through Bulk Add- with inserts going back to 3-10-2013.
- You can add through Scan-a-Coupon – you scan the barcode and it pulls as much info as in the code. You may have to add a product name and image. The images will be searched by the name you add and then you just choose one.
- You can add through manual entry
The coupons are then added to your “binder”!
(3) You can sort the coupons by Brand, Expire, Category or Savings.
One of my favorite features is that you can actually scan the UPC of a product in the store and it will come back with what coupons you have in your binder that MAY apply. The coupons that result from the search may not actually apply because of restrictions- ie. I scanned Minute Rice box and the coupons for minute rice steamers came up. It’s just because of how the coupon itself is coded that it comes up- but it’s better than anything I’ve seen out there!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this app and I will pass them on to the company. Try the 7-day trial and let me know what you think!