We’re not a green bean casserole family – normally we slow cook it all day long with a ham hock, but when my mother in law brought me a ten pound bag of fresh pecans….I wanted to try something different.
Being obsessed with brown butter (y’all seriously it’s the BEST), I decided to mix things up and make brown-butter green beans with pecans! They were a hit!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil green beans in a pot of salted water about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse.
- Warm butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet until it begins to brown (about 4 minutes)
- Add pecan pieces and stir until toasted.
- Add beans, pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring until hot.
- Enjoy hot.