This table and benches were originally dark brown, had large chunks taken out of the top and a dog had chewed the corners. With a little elbow grease and love it turned out beautiful!
- Take the table and benches apart if possible (It makes sanding easier)
- Sand all pieces
- Stain the tops of the benches and the table
- Paint the legs with white paint
- Put the table and benches back together
- Apply 3 coats of polycrylic to the legs and 6 coats to the table and bench tops
This table turned out beautiful and the polycrylic protected it great! I saw the set several months after I delivered it and even with 3 boys and 2 dogs it still looks new!