My family has always made stuffing the same way- bread cubes, celery, onions and broth. This year we’ve changed it up and there was none left!
Add sausage to the onions and celery and cooking in melted butter.
Mix sausage, vegetables and bread together with spices and broth and place in a baking pan.
Bake until browned & hot. Enjoy with your favorite gravy!
- 16 cups bread cubes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 Onions, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 16 oz ground sausage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Place butter in a saute pan over medium low heat.
- Add onions, celery and sausage, breaking up the sausage as it cooks.
- Saute over medium heat until sausage is cooked through and onion and celery are soft.
- Drain and place sausage and vegetable aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, sage and thyme.
- Add sausage, onion and celery mixture.
- Mix well.
- Place in a large baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes until browned on top and hot in the center.
- Serve hot.