y’all we are LOVING this chicken in my house! It’s so delicious and it’s easier than you expect. It does have a few steps BUT it’s all done in one pan!
If your pant is big enough- you can roast it with some root vegetables (potatoes, carrots, radishes..).
The biggest tip I have for this is: BIG pan, small chicken.
- Whole Chicken (Smaller is better)
- Olive Oil
- Spices (I used a Morton herb Mix)
- Heat a cast iron pan on the stove top with a small amount of olive oil.
- Cut the backbone out of the chicken
- Flip the chicken over and press down the breastbone to flatten it
- Drizzle with olive oil and Sprinkle with spices
- Place the chicken breast/skin side down in the hot pan.
- Cook 5-10 minutes until the skin crisps and browns.
- Carefully flip the chicken over and place it skin side up and bake in 400F oven for about 1 hour or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.