I went and did this deal today so a heads up that a case of corn has 45 ears. They kindly loaded my cart and I grabbed 5 more loose ones!
We have a great deal at Food Lion this week on White and Yellow Corn!
Buy (5) Earns Corn 5/$1
Get back $.20 from SavingStar
Final Cost $0.80 or $0.16 each
To Max this rebate out
Buy (50) earns of white or yellow corn 5/$1
Get $2 back from SavingStar
Final Cost: $8 or $0.16
Did you know that you can easily freeze corn on the cob?
1) Husk the corn, removing all the silks
2) Heat water until a full boil.
3) Blanch the corn for 10 minutes (less for small ears and more for larger ones – 7-12 minutes)
4) Plunge hot ears into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
5) Cool in the ice water math for as long as the corn was blanched.
6) Store in the freezer in food saver bags. If you don’t have one wrap each ear in saran wrap tightly and store in a freezer bag.
7) For best quality- freeze for 6-12 months. However it will never “go bad” as long as it is properly stored!
8) To reheat just drop in boiling water about 5 minutes to reheat.
Need a food saver? Check out the prices here.