Spring is coming! Celebrate with these beyond adorable Carrot Patch Cupcakes…no carrots required!
Carrot Patch Cupcakes
12 cupcakes from your favorite recipe or boxed mix
2 to 3 cups chocolate frosting from your favorite recipe or store bought
1 cup ground Oreo Cookies
12 strawberries, washed and dried
1 (12 ounce) package orange candy melt wafers
- Melt the candy wafers according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Dip strawberries into the melted candy and then place on waxed paper. Once the candy has set, pour remaining melted candy into a zip-top freezer bag or piping bag with the tip snipped. Drizzle over the strawberries. Allow to set completely before decorating the cupcakes.
- Using a 1A round piping tip, add a border of frosting around the cupcake. Place a small amount in the middle.
- Flip each cupcake and dip the frosted top into ground Oreo cookies.
- Top each cupcake with a dipped strawberry.