y’all…these were SUCH a hit that I had to make a second batch!
In fact you’ll be shocked that these are made of vegetables and aren’t candy.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Jumbo Marshmallows, cut into three slices each
- Pecan Halves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes into even slices (approx. ¼" thick)
- On a large baking sheet - place the sweet potatoes.
- Mix the syrup and melted butter. Spread over the sweet potato slices.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake slices about 20 minutes, flipping half way.
- Remove sheet from oven and top with a marshmallow slice.
- Bake another 3-4 minutes or until marshmallow puffs (you could broil but i found that make the marshmallow spill over the slides of the slice)
- Remove from oven and top with a pecan half.
- Serve hot.