I love the way this wreath came out! I used 2 trees with different diameters. I like trees that have bumpy bark rather than smooth bark. Cut a few extra and let the kids make some ornaments!
- Wood slices
- Circular saw
- Jigsaw (If you cut your own circle)
- Wood Glue
- Wood ring
- Ribbon to hang it up
- Ribbon or other decorations
- Cut trees into 1/4″ – 1/2″ slices using a circular saw
- Allow the slices to dry for a week or so because the glue will not hold if the wood is damp
- Cut a circle out of thin wood or thick cardboard (You can purchase one at a craft store instead of cutting one)
- Drill a hole for hanging on the circle
- Thread a ribbon thru the hole to hang
- Glue larger slices onto the wood ring
- Glue smaller slices into desired pattern on top of the larger slices
- Glue on decorations
- Allow glue to dry then hang it up!
I am making a larger wreath to hang outside but I will nail or screw it together rather than using glue as glue will deteriorate in the weather.