I really wanted lasagna this week but I was too tired to boil the noodles, mix the cheese, layer it all. So I decided to cheat and use the Buitoni Ravioli, Prego Pasta Sauce and some cheese I had from past deals.
It’s SO much easier and while not exactly like lasagna- close enough to fill in when necessary. We like ours without meat- but if you want to add in ground beef just add browned and drained meat into the sauce before putting it into the casserole.
First, smear pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan.
Layer ravioli on top of the sauce and pour more sauce and layer with mozzarella cheese. Repeat until you use all the pasta.
Finish off with more sauce and be generous with the cheese on top. I topped mine with grated parmesan too.
Bake for 35 minutes covered with foil and then remove foil and bake 10-15 more minutes until bubbly and the cheese begins to crisp on the top.
Allow to sit 10 minutes and cut & eat!
- 28 oz pasta sauce
- 20 oz cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ground beef, browned & drained (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Smear sauce on bottom of pan.
- Create layers of pasta, sauce (and beef if desired) and cheese, ending with cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for 35 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.