I LOVE my air fryer…but I’d never tried making a whole chicken in it and now I’m kicking myself for waiting so long.
This was the most tender whole chicken with a crispy skin I’ve ever made….ever!
Did I mention that it was the super easy?
I used a home made rub with poultry seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper. I really didn’t measure but this rub looks AMAZING
Then I placed it breast down in the air fryer
Two things. First- this chicken came tied and my air fryer is TINY. I really really wish I had gotten a much bigger one. So it’s on my list to upgrade and soon.
This is on my wish-list.
The chicken comes out perfectly cooked and tender (TIP: Use a meat thermometer. You cannot tell by the outside what temperature it is on the inside)
- Whole Chicken
- Rub of choice
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pat the chicken dry.
- Loosen skin from the top of the breast and spread softened butter underneath.
- Rub Chicken with rub of choice. Be sure to do both sides.
- Place chicken in air fryer basket breast side down.
- Cook 30 minutes at 350F.
- Flip the chicken breast up and cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 165F.
- Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes before slicing.