I honestly hate grilling- my husband loves to stand out there with a beer and listen to the sizzle as he gauges if it’s time to flip or not.
I just don’t have the patience for that. I want fast and easy when I’m cooking for this crowd.
We made these super easy and delicious oven roasted sliders. The real work was only really draining the pan to avoid “boiling” the burgers in juice but rather than baking them.
I used a lipped 8×13 baking sheet and 2 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
First I sprinkled the seasoning mix on the sheet and then put handfuls of ground beef evenly around the tray and pressed them down to one big sheet of beef. (If you want to use onions you could place diced onions on the sheet before adding the beef).
Then I sprinkled more seasoning on top.
Then I made lines to cut this into 24 pieces, but not all the way through. The meat will shrink away from the edges.
Bake for 10 minutes at 400 and then remove from the oven and drain off the fats and liquids. Return to the hot oven and make another 10 minutes.
Place the burger sheet on top of buns that have been topped. Add cheese and/or bacon as desired. Top with the bun tops and brush with melted butter.
Cover with foil and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is perfectly melted.
Remove from the oven and cut each bun out and enjoy!
- 2½ lb ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 24 Hawaiian Rolls (or Artesano Rolls)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Burger Toppings of Choice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix spices together.
- Sprinkle half spice mix on a baking sheet with an edge.
- Place handfuls of ground beef on baking sheet and press it down into a solid sheet.
- Sprinkle remainder of spices over ground beef.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and drain off liquids.
- Replace in oven for an additional 10 minutes and drain off additional liquids.
- Cut tops off buns and set aide.
- Place bottom bun on a clean baking sheet.
- Place meat on top of bottom half of bun.
- Top with cheese and/or bacon as desired. Replace top bun.
- Brush bun tops with melted butter.
- Cover with foil and bake 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil and cut burgers apart.
- Enjoy with favorite condiments.