Halloween Eve is the day we carve pumpkins in our house! And while the kids are putting their final touches on their masterpieces it’s when I am roasting the seeds for scary movies!
If you’ve never roasted the seeds before you might be used to just scooping those pumpkin guts into the trash- STOP! If you like salty and crunchy – you will love these. Plus they are basically free to make with a little bit of olive oil and salt!
- Raw Pumpkin Seeds from pumpkin carving
- Olive Oil
- Rinse pumpkin seeds to remove all pumpkin.
- Place pumpkins in large pan with 3 cups of water and 2 tbsp salt for each cup of seeds.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for ten minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil.
- Spread the seeds on the sheet and toss to coat with oil.
- Spread into a single layer and bake 5-20 minutes depending on seed size.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely before eating.