It was a race this evening- could I get my pictures taken before the family snatched these off the plate. You can’t tell but they are all standing around begging to eat one of them.
These were SO much easier than I expected them to be and so much better!
I used pre-made dough I got from Harris Teeter but you could use any pizza dough- even a dry mix you make according to the directions.
You can customize these in so many ways. Add parmesan cheese or drop the salt and replace with cinnamon and sugar. Even top them with cheddar cheese!
Take the dough and cut off a section and roll into a log. Then roll it into a long rope. Turn it into a pretzel shape.
Then brush with baking soda mixture and allow it to rest. Then brush with beaten egg and top with salt.
Bake & enjoy!
- Pizza Dough ball
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coarse Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a cooking sheet with baking spray.
- Create small ropes of dough by rolling and stretching it.
- Create a pretzel shape.
- Microwave ½ cup water until very hot.
- Add baking soda and stir until dissolved.
- Brush pretzels with soda mixture.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Brush pretzel with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Transfer to cookie sheet.
- Bake 18 minutes or until turns golden brown.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.
Leave a Reply