My husband has a HIGH standard for the Mexican inspired dishes I cook- probably because his Abuela lives IN MEXICO and he’s knows what authentic Mexican dishes are supposed to taste like.
He gave raving reviews to these tacos and in fact got a second plate last night plus he had some for lunch today!
I served our tacos with my from-scratch red sauce but you can use any jarred or bottle taco sauce.
- Beef steak or roast, cut into small pieces (or buy pre-cut) aprox. 2 lbs
- Adobo Seasoning
- 1Onion, diced (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Queso Fresco
- Avocado (if desired)
- Flour Tortillas (warmed)
- Place the small pieces of beef into a large storage bag with about 1 tbsp of Adobo seasoning and a drizzle of oil.
- Mix well and refrigerate overnight.
- Make Red Sauceor use favorite jarred sauce.
- Heat a large griddle over med high heat.
- Drizzle with oil and place marinated meat on the griddle- cooking until done and edges are crispy.
- Place meat onto warmed tortilla, top with cilantro, crumbled cheese, avocado and squeeze of lime juice.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftover meat for another meal.