Only one word for this – YUM. We love Mozzarella Sticks and this reminds me of them except with pasta involved- so double Yum. Some of our favorite dinners are appetizer dinners! We make several different appetizers and make a meal out of it. Fried ravioli, cheese, crackers, loaded potato skins, chicken wings, fruit kabobs…. we might do that this weekend!
I love my deep fryer it’s small enough to put in a cabinet when it’s cool and just the right size for making enough for my big family!
If you don’t have a deep fryer- use a large pan and put 2 inches of oil in the bottom and flip half way through.
- Oil, for frying
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Frozen Ravioli
- Grated Parmesan
- Marinara sauce, heated for dipping
- Heat oil in deep fryer.
- While oil is heating, beat egg and mix in milk in a bowl.
- Pour Breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl.
- Dip ravioli in milk and egg mixture and dredge into breadcrumbs.
- Coat completely.
- Place on a tray until all ravioli is coated.
- When oil is hot, fry the ravioli in small batches until golden brown- about 2-3 minutes depending on size of ravioli.
- Drain on paper towels,
- Sprinkle the fried ravioli with parmesan and serve with hot marinara sauce for dipping.