I LOVE a warm pretzel dipped in marinara sauce and today I had a craving. I grabbed a bag of store bought pizza dough and created pretzel bites and they were AH-Mazing.
You could serve these with cheese sauce if you prefer- but marinara is my personal favorite!
- Store Bought Pizza Dough
- ½ cup baking soda
- 9 cups water
- 1 egg, beaten
- coars salt
- Preheat Oven to 425°F.
- Cut dough into 6 sections and roll each section into a long rope.
- Cut each rope into bite size pieces.
- Boil water and baking soda in a large pan.
- Drop several pieces into the water and allow to boil for 20 seconds.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush egg over pretzel bite and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and serve with marinara or cheese sauce.