I had an old single size headboard and it worked perfect for a small bench.
- 2×4 Boards (For frame)
- Deck Boards (For seat)
- 3×3 post (For front legs)
- Paint of your choice
- Lag Bolts (To hold frame to legs)
- Cut the legs on the headboard the height you want
- Cut the front legs from the 3×3 post the same height as you want the bench to be
- Make a frame out of 2×4 boards on the inside of the legs of the headboard the length of the headboard and the width you want
- Sand all surfaces
- Attach the frame to the legs with a lag bolt
- Cut decking boards the length of the bench and use screws to attach to the boards to the top of the frame using as many boards as you need to cover the frame you made
- Paint as desired (I painted the bench boards before attaching to frame since they were a different color)
- I painted the bottoms of the legs since the bench will be outside in the elements
Let it dry and enjoy it!