My daughter wanted some earrings and I had some old ones laying around. I found some old twine and used the ear wires and made these earrings in a flash.
- Ear Wires
- Thin twine
Instructions for Each Earring
- Cut 6 pieces of twine 3 times longer than you want the final earring to be
- Fold each piece of twine in half and attach each piece of twine to the ear wire with a larkshead knot
- Make 2 square knots using only 1 cord in the center of each square knot.
- Do this with the remaining cords so you will have 3 columns of 2 square knots rows
- Alternate and make 2 square knots with the center cords making two columns
- Alternate again and make 2 square knots in each of the 3 columns
- Alternate and make 2 square knot with the center cords making 2 columns
- Use the center 4 cords make 2 square knots
- Cut the cords off as long as desired