I had some of the Naan bread from a past BOGO sale and I needed to use it up fast – craving something sweet I decided to make french toast dippers with it! Now I can normally eat naan just how it is- something about that bread is just so good but this took it up a notch and is 100% going on our weekend breakfast rotation! (Naan is BOGO again this week at Harris Teeter and creamer is $0.35!)
I tried this with super long strips – and trust me they don’t hold up to dipping! So cut the naan in half the long way and then into shorter strips.
This uses my favorite secret to french toast: creamer! I used french vanilla but I bet that caramel would be delicious!
- 2 Naan Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Coffee Creamer
- 1 tbsp butter
- Beat eggs and creamer together.
- Slice Naan into strips.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat.
- Melt butter on griddle or in pan.
- Dip strips into egg and creamer mixture and shake off excess.
- Place strips on griddle and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve with warmed syrup to dip.