I LOVE my InstantPot. It’s the most used appliance in my kitchen. In fact, my slow cooker has been moved to a cabinet in the garage because it’s used so much less now! If you go for a 7-in-1 or 8-in-1 InstantPot it will do so much.
This is a super easy way to add a ton of flavor into pressure cooked chicken! Let them think you slaved over the stove and oven for hours when you serve it.
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, lime juice, cilantro (with
- stems), and chicken stock.
- Place the chicken breasts flat in the bottom of the pressure cooker liner. Pour the cilantro puree over the chicken.
- Close and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to manual or pressure cook for 12 minutes for thawed chicken or 15 for frozen chicken.
- Naturally release for 5 minutes before a quick release. As cooking times may vary based on the size of the chicken breast and brand of pressure cooker, verify an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Carefully remove the chicken breasts from the pressure cooker.
- Place on a baking sheet prepared with non-stick cooking spray. Top with cheese.
- Place in oven under the broiler to melt the cheese, watching carefully for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with additional cilantro or lime, if desired.