What the best ever fall off the bone delicious ribs without smoking them or spending hours over a grill? The slow cooker is the secret to these ribs!
We love grilling outside but standing over the grill when it’s nearing 90 was just too much for me – so to my beloved Slow Cooker. I LOVE my CrockPot Smart Pot.
I’ve made ribs in the crockpot for years – but I’d always lay them down in the bottom put a little bit of liquid and I’d end up with a pot of bones at the bottom because the bones all slipped out. Then I had an epiphany…I love that CRUNCH on the outside and only the pieces around the outside of the crock would ever get crunchy- the rest got mushy.
So what if I put MORE on the outside?
(*This works with both beef (our personal favorite) and pork ribs!)
Running the rack AROUND the crockpot with the bones DOWN made all the difference. It kept the meat from sitting in that fatty water so they got tender but not mushy. The fat drips out and down the meat and made it tender and delicious./
- 2 Racks Ribs of choice
- ½ tsp paprka
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- BBQ Sauce of Choice
- In bowl, mix paprika, sugar, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Rub mixture all over ribs.
- Stand ribs up in slow cooker- bones down and meaty sides against the outside wall.
- Put about ½ inch of water in the bottom of the pot (the fat from the meat will drop down into it)
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and lay on large baking sheet.
- Spread with BBQ sauce and if desired, broil until crispy or place on grill.