I am obsessed with brown butter. Brown butter is just butter heated until it turns brown and gets a nutty flavor to it. It’s DELICIOUS.
I’ve been serving brown butter chicken for weeks- my oldest has been begging for it- and my neighbor shared some fresh rosemary with me so I decided to take the plan brown butter chicken up a notch with a buttery cream sauce!
I love cooking this in a heavy cast iron pan – the chicken crisps up wonderfully.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced
- In a heavy pan (I prefer cast iron) heat 4 tbsp butter.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast.
- When melted and starting to brown, add the chicken to the pan and cook 5-7 minutes per side until browned and cooked all the way through.
- Place chicken on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add chicken broth to pan, scraping any browned pieces from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a simmer and add heavy cream.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken back to the pan and top with rosemary.
- Serve chicken, spooning additional sauce over top.