I have to admit I am a little obsessed with brown butter and my daughter has taken up my obsession. My teenager has been playing around with brown butter cookie recipes and we think she finally found the perfect combination!
She tested lots of different recipes and scoured the comments and three batches later we think we found a winner. This recipe seemed to have a little too much salt for our liking and the chilling of the dough in this recipe seemed to really pull the cookies together. So we took what seemed to be the best of each recipe.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1½ cup packed brown sugar (Dark brown sugar will give a more molasses flavor)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, beaten at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- Melt butter in a saucepan to a boil over medium heat. Stir the butter consistently while the butter foams and then browns.
- Remove from heat and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt
- With an electric mixer, mix the sugars and cooled butter.
- Mix in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Slowly stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Chill dough for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Create dough balls (about 2 tbsp of dough per ball) and place on a silicon baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Allow to cool completely.
It’s hard to beat a chocolate chip cookie! This looks delicious. Pinned for later! I’m visiting today from the Wine’d Down Wednesday link up. Have a great day!
Nothing like a chocolate cookie! They look and sound yummy! Thanks for joining us for Friday Favorites. I’m featuring you this week.