YUM. I love love love fried chicken but all that grease isn’t the best for us. Thankfully panko crumbs and olive oil spray give you the crunch and taste of deep fried chicken without all the deep frying.
Drumsticks are often very inexpensive and my kids love them because they are finger eating friendly! My husband dipped his into a spicy wing sauce and announced that they were delicious so 6 thumbs up from us! The best part about these? You can make a double batch and freeze them!
Instead of placing them into an oil pan- place on a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet. Flash Freeze until solid and then remove and place in a freezer bag. When you want to cook them- spray the baking pan (I LOVE to bake these in a cast iron skillet) and place them inside. Refrigerate to thaw and then bake.
- 6 Drumsticks
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup flour
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Spray a large cast iron pan or a large glass oven safe dish with olive oil spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg.
- In a second shallow dish, mix breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, paprika, garlic salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
- In a large slider bag put the flour.
- Add chicken drumsticks and shake well to completely cover.
- One at a time, dip the floured chicken into the egg to coat and then cover with panko crumb mixture.
- Place into oiled pan.
- Spray the top of the chicken lightly with olive oil spray to allow the tops to crisp up too.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes, flip each piece and bake an additional 30 minutes or until done.