My husband LOVES hot chips when we go out but we’re trying to avoid eating out so I promised him I’d make them at home for him. They were a lot easier than I expected and he swore they were just as delicious! My favorites are the ones that puff up and have little air pockets!
This is the mandolin slicer that I have and I love it. (Note: Be careful to use the finger protector- trust me it HURTS if you do not).
A fryer with a basket makes it so easy too ! This deep fryer is my favorite.
*You MUST dry the potatoes well before frying the slices.
- Potatoes (1-2 small ones per person)
- Oil for frying
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice potatoes to desired thickness.
- Place the slices in a pan of cold water.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil (I prefer to use a deep fryer)
- Remove from water and dry well.
- Add potatoes into the oil in batches.
- Fry until light golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Season with Salt.