Tacos are a staple in our house. Make a filling, wrap it into a tortilla and enjoy. Easy, Fast, Frugal.
I had some bags of shrimp I had planned to make kabobs with but the day got away from me so by the time I got to thinking about dinner I only had about 30 minutes before we had to be at the table!
This ended up being raved about by my husband and visiting grandfather. There were seconds, and even thirds, eaten.
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled, tails off
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 lime (juiced and zested)
- salt to taste
- Extra Cilantro for topping tacos
- In a bowl, drizzle olive oil over shrimp.
- Mix in garlic, cumin, salt and chili powder.
- Coat shrimp completely.
- Cover and set aside.
- Make the Cilantro Lime Sour Cream: Mix sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and zest. Stir well and place in refrigerator.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add in shrimp and oil mixture. Cook until done, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with salt.
- Warm tortillas in microwave (about 15 seconds for each 5 tortilla) or use a hot skillet.
- Spoon a few shrimp into each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro lime sour cream and a pinch of cilantro.