Oh YUM. I LOVE good fried chicken. Usually I do panko encrusted chicken but I had a deep craving for the thick crusty fried chicken like KFC does.
But I didn’t want to pay $2 for a single piece of chicken so I grabbed some Zacyon Fresh Chicken breast and cut it into strips. Then I triple dipped it and YUM it came out PERECT.
I used a mix of House Autry Chicken Breader and some regular flour.
You can use a deep pan with oil to fry but a deep fryer makes it SO much easier! I like these with the baskets.
- 3 cups House Autry Chicken Breader
- 1 cups flour
- 1½ cups water
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 3 lbs chicken cut into strips (or use tenderloin)
- In medium bowl, place 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of house autry mix. Mix together.
- In a large bowl, mix together egg yolks, water and 2 cups house autry mix. Add water if necessary.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350.
- Dredge chicken strip in dry mix. Then dip into wet mix and then dip in dry mix again.
- Carefully place chicken in batches in deep fryer until cooked through (small pieces make take 5 minutes, larger pieces 15).
- Drain on paper towels.