We went out to eat to celebrate my twins’ 9th birthday and I got White Mac & Cheese that was OH SOOOO good. It was delicious. But having to pay an extra to get a “premium side” hurt my frugal heart so I decided I had to come up with my own at-home version so I wouldn’t be tempted!
I used Cabot Extra Sharp White Cheddar and it was really good – and minimal ingredients means it is easy too!
You don’t need to bake this- it is ooey-gooey goodness right out of the pan but I like the crunchy bubbly cheese on top so I tossed it into a pan and put in the oven just a few minutes.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz pasta of choice
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat heavy cream over low-medium heat. Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes and garlic.
- When hot, add cheese a handful at a time whisking until melted before adding more cheese.
- Add pasta to sauce and stir until combined.
- If desired, place in an oven safe dish and top with more shredded cheese and bake until the top cheese bubbles.
Lisa Russo says
This looks very delicious, thank you!
Miz Helen says
Your White Cheddar Mac N Cheese is making me so hungry, yum! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon