There is only one word for a Fried Porkchop Sandwich- YUM! If you live near Mt. Airy, NC you know about Snappy Lunch. They are famous for their fried pork chops. My mom has been serving fried pork chops for years and they are one of my favorite foods. Often I serve them as an entree with rice but the other night we decided to make them into sandwiches and YUM.
They are a little bit of work and time- but so delicious!
I like to mix bread crumbs and instant potatoes to make my coating. It makes it extra crunchy!
Pounding the pork chops makes them extra tender. Use a heavy meat mallet to pound them out.
After coating the tenderized chops, fry them in canola oil and yum!
- 4 Pork Chops, tenderized
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 pouch instant potatoes
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame Seed Buns
- Optional Toppings: coleslaw, lettuce, mustard,ketchup
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Beat eggs in one bowl, combine bread crumbs, potatoes and salt and pepper in a second bowl.
- Dredge tenderized chops in egg and drip off excess.
- Dredge in breadcrumb mixture until coated all over.
- When the oil is hot, fry in the hot oil about 3-5 minutes on each site until golden brown.
- Serve as an entree or top with mustard, lettuce or coleslaw and serve on a bun.